There is an instruction for burning TiVo recordings to a DVD. If you are looking for such a solution, you may wish to read this post.
If you have footage on your TiVo that you would like to burn onto a DVD, you may need a TiVo Converter app. Working excellently as a TiVo converter for Windows and Mac, the HD Video Converter can convert TiVo shows to MPEG-2 files for burning a real DVD and allows you to cut out commercials and only keep the footage that you actually want.
[Guide] How to convert TiVo to MPEG-2 for DVD burning?
1. Transfer recorded TV shows from your TiVo box to your PC or Mac so you can use them in HD Video Converter to perform TiVo to MPEG-2 conversion. There are programs like TiVo Desktop that can help you transfer TiVo shows to computer, a quick googling will get that for you. Or you can follow this instruction to transfer TiVo recordings to your PC or Mac.
When its main interface appears, click ‘Add Video’ to load your TiVo files.
3. Enter Media Access Key
If you are the first time using this program to transcode TiVo shows, a message will pop up asking ‘If you’d like to import *.tivo file(s), please enter the correct Media Access key and import the file(s) again.’ Click ‘OK’, and enter your Media Access Key as required.
Click ‘OK’ when you’ve entered your Media Access Key and go back to the main interface to click ‘Add Video’ again to import your TiVo shows to the program.
4. Select MPEG as output format
If your TiVo files are in HD quality, you can select ‘MPEG-2 HD Video (*.mpg)’ as target format under ‘HD Video’ column.
If your source TiVo files are SD, you can choose ‘MPEG-2 Video (*.mpg)’ under ‘Common Video’ catalogue.
5. Begin TiVo shows to MPEG-2 Conversion
When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start converting TiVo recording to MPEG-2 format for DVD burning.
As soon as the conversion is complete, click ‘Open’ button to get the generated MPEG files for burning a playable DVD.
1. You can click ‘Settings’ button to custom video and audio setting like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, audio channels, etc.
2. By ticking off ‘Merge into one file’ option, you are able to join the imported TiVo clips into a single file.
3. By using trim function, you are allowed to strip out commercials.
There are a couple of different methods you can use to burn the converted TiVo MPEG files to a real DVD. And this DVD Creator program is a smart choice. Hope this helps.
Convert DV files to MPEG-2 for burning a DVD on PC or Mac
How to get FCP (X) to recognize 1080p/720p MKV as import?
Convert AVCHD MTS to AVI for well playback on a Windows PC
Best TiVo Converter-encode TiVo to MP4, AVI, MOV on PC/Mac