If you are looking for a workable H.265/HEVC Converter for Mac, you are in the right place. This post introduces an easy-to-use and reliable converter app to help converting H.265/HEVC files to whatever format you request on Mac platform.
What is HEVC (H.265)?
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also known as H.265, is a new video compression standard, a successor to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding). The idea of HEVC is to offer the same level of picture quality as H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (one of the best compression schemes used by Blu-ray), but with better compression, so there’s less data to deal with.
The HEVC (H.265) doubles the data compression ratio compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC at the same level of video quality. It can alternatively be used to provide substantially improved video quality at the same bit rate. It can support 4K/8K Ultra HD and resolutions up to 8192×4320.
Why need an H.265/HEVC Converter for Mac?
Currently, Apple hasn’t implemented full support for H.265/HEVC codec, so if you want to work with H.265/HEVC files on Mac easily, you will need a workable H.265/HEVC Converter for Mac to transocde H.265/HEVC media to a QuickTime format that is fully compatible with Mac OS.
There are several converters available out there on the market. For $35, Video Converter for Mac is the easiest to use, so it may appeal to users who prefer a streamlined solution. This Mac converter app can take various input formats including HEVC (H.265) and transcode them to your required format for playing or editing on Mac platform.
– Make H.265/HEVC video files compatible with Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, iMovie, FCE, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas and other nonlinear editing apps.
– Produce optimized Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC codec encoded video files for editing on Mac editing programs.
– Transcode H.265/HEVC video files video files to any formats you need, such as MP4, M4V, MOV, FLV, MPG, AVI, DV AVI, MKV, 3GP, etc.
– Convert H.265/HEVC media to optimal files for viewing on popular devices like iPad 4, iPhone 5s, iPad mini 2, iPad Air, WD TV player, PS3 game console, Asus Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, Archos 101, Acer Iconia, Kindle Fire HD, and more.
Bonus feature – more than transcoding H.265/HEVC video files, the HD Converter for Mac is also able to encode video files in format of AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts, .m2t), MXF/P2 MXF, MPG, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, VOB, DAT, MP4, M4V, TS, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, MKV, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, F4V, FLV, SWF, MPV, MOD, TOD, QT, MOV, DV, DIF, MJPG, MJPEG, TP, TRP, and more.
Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.5 or above (including Leopard 10.5, Snow Leopard10.6, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks)
How can I convert my HEVC/H.265 video on Mac using this converter app?
- Click ‘Import’ to load H.265/HEVC media files.
- Click ‘Profile’ menu to choose output format.
- If necessary, click ‘Settings’ button to custom video and audio settings.
- When ready, click ‘Start’ button to begin format conversion.
- When conversion is complete, click ‘Open Folder’ to get the converted files.
The best H.265/HEVC Converter for Mac provides a wide variety of file types for users to choose from, ranging from editing formats (like AIC, ProRes, etc.) to playable formats (like MP4, MOV, etc.) optimized for popular devices, so you can convert H.265/HEVC files to whatever format you need in simple steps with very good quality.
How do I import Samsung NX500 4K H.265/HEVC MP4 to iMovie?
Samsung NX500 H.265/HEVC FCPX-edit NX500 4K MP4 in FCP X
H.265/HEVC to DaVinci Resolve-work with H.265 in Resolve
Samsung NX500 4K H.265/HEVC MP4 to Avid, Premiere, Vegas