If you intend to transcode Sony NEX AVCHD footage on Mac for playing in QuickTime player or editing through iMovie and FCP X, you will need a Sony NEX AVCHD Converter for Mac. Read this post to learn a review on the best Mac Sony NEX AVCHD Converter program.
Q 1: Needed to convert Sony NEX AVCHD footage for editing in iMovie
“Hi, all, I have a Sony NEX 5N which shoots AVCHD video files at up to 60P in 1920 x 1080 resolution. iMovie seems not to recognize the NEX AVCHD or .mts files at 60p. Some said they have to be re-wrapped into .MOV files. Is that true? Where can I download a reliable application for this purpose? Please suggest a solution. Thanks.”
Q 2: Needed to convert Sony NEX AVCHD MTS footage to MPEG-2 and MP4 for storage on Mac
“Hi, all, does anyone know a good Sony NEX AVCHD Converter Mac version? I need a program to convert video from our home video camera’s to MPEG-2 and MP4 files for storage. The source media is AVCHD .mts file captured on a Sony NEX camera. I will process file conversion on my iMac running Mac 0S X 10.10 Yosemite. Any ideas on this? I would really appreciate any advice.”
If you are shooting with a Sony NEX camera like Sony NEX FS100/FS700, Sony NEX EA50UH, Sony NEX F3, Sony NEX-3/5/6/7 or something similar, you may probably run into the same situation as mentioned above. Converting Sony NEX AVCHD MTS/M2TS files would be the best option to solve your issue, that’s where a Sony NEX MTS Converter for Mac comes in.
What’s the best Sony NEX AVCHD Converter for Mac?
If google, you will find there are many converters out there claimed to have ability to transcode Sony NEX AVCHD footage, but only few of them would work as they should be. In our experience, HD Video Converter for Mac is an ideal choice to process Sony NEX MTS file conversion. It features great capability to read all Sony NEX AVCHD footage with .mts/.m2ts file extension, being able to convert Sony NEX MTS/M2TS video files to whatever format you need with beautiful even lossless quality.
– Convert Sony NEX AVCHD footage in Full HD 1080p, HD 720p as well as SD at 60p, 60i, 30p, 25p, 24p to any formats you request.
– Create optimized files for viewing on iOS devices (Apple iPhone, iPad, and itouch), Android smartphones/tablets (Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire, etc.), HDTVs, HD players, and more.
– Transcode Sony NEX AVCHD footage to Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC), DVCPRO, HDV, DV and QuickTime Movie Format for working with NLEs beautifully.
– Re-encode HD and SD Sony NEX MTS/M2TS AVCHD videos to optimal formats for editing programs like iMovie, Final Cut Express, FCP 6/7, FCP X, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, DaVinci Resolve, etc.
– Edit Sony NEX AVCHD videos by using functions like clip, crop, add watermark, custom video effect, merge, enable 3D settings, etc.
– Ensure audio and video in sync with excellent quality and super fast conversion speed.
The steps of operating Sony NEX AVCHD Converter for Mac
- Click ‘Add File’ to import Sony NEX AVCHD MTS/M2TS media files.
- Click ‘Profile’ menu to choose output format.
- If necessary, click ‘Settings’ button to custom video and audio settings.
- When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start format conversion.
- When conversion is complete, click ‘Open Folder’ to get the converted files.
This Sony NEX AVCHD MTS file converter software provides a wide variety of file types for users to choose from, ranging from editing formats (like AIC, ProRes, DNxHD, etc.) to playable formats (like MP4, MOV, etc.) optimized for popular devices, so you can convert Sony NEX AVCHD files to whatever format you need in simple steps with very good even lossless quality.
Is lossless conversion of AVCHD to AIC for iMovie/FCE possible?
Canon AVCHD Converter for Mac/PC | Canon MTS File Converter
What’s the best P2 MXF file Converter for Mac and Windows PC?
MTS video to iPad – Does iPad support native AVCHD (.mts) files?
MTS to Kindle Fire Converter – how to transfer AVCHD to Kindle Fire