What’s the best Sony AVCHD MTS Converter for Mac? If you are shooting with a Sony AVCHD handycam, you may need a converter to process format transcoding. This post introduces a top Sony MTS file converter for Mac to satisfy your request.
Q 1: Needed to convert Sony AVCHD MTS footage to MPEG-2 and MP4 for storage on Mac
“Hi, all, does anyone know a good Sony AVCHD Converter Mac version? I need a program to convert video from our home video camera’s to MPEG-2 and MP4 files for storage. The source media is AVCHD .mts file captured on a Sony AVCHD handycam. I will process file conversion on my iMac running Mac 0S X 10.9.4. Any suggestions? Thanks.”
Q 2: How can I import Sony 1080/60p MTS clips into Apple iMovie?
“Hey, fellows, I got some video files downloaded from a Sony PJ780 camera which I want to use in iMovie. The source format is AVCHD (.mts) at 1080/60p. I couldn’t get iMovie to read them as import. Do I need to convert these Sony MTS files to another format or how do I import them into iMovie so I can edit them? Can anyone give me some suggestions if you are using a similar (or same) Sony handycam? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you so much!”
If you are shooting with a Sony AVCHD camera like Sony HXR-NX5U, Sony NEX FS100/FS700, Sony NEX EA50UH, Sony Alpha A5000/A6000, Sony RX100, Sony RX100 III, Sony PJ760, Sony PJ780/790V, Sony HDR-CX230/240, Sony HDR-CX550, Sony HVR-Z5U or something similar, you may probably run into the same situation as mentioned above. Converting Sony AVCHD MTS/M2TS files would be the best option to solve your issue, that’s where a Sony M2TS file conversion for Mac comes in.
What’s the best Sony AVCHD Converter for Mac?
You will find there are many converters out there claimed to have ability to transcode Sony AVCHD footage, but only few of them would work as they should be. In our experience, HD Video Converter for Mac is an ideal choice to process Sony MTS file conversion. It features great capability to read all Sony AVCHD footage with .mts/.m2ts file extension, being able to convert Sony MTS/M2TS video files to whatever format you need with beautiful even lossless quality.
– Convert Sony AVCHD footage in Full HD 1080p, HD 720p as well as SD at 60p, 60i, 30p, 25p, 24p to any formats you request.
– Create optimized files for viewing on iOS devices (Apple iPhone, iPad, and itouch), Android smartphones/tablets (Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire, etc.), HDTVs, HD players, and more.
– Transcode Sony AVCHD footage to Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC), DVCPRO, HDV, DV and QuickTime Movie Format for working with NLEs beautifully.
– Re-encode HD and SD Sony MTS/M2TS AVCHD videos to optimal formats for editing programs like iMovie, Final Cut Express, FCP 6/7, FCP X, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, DaVinci Resolve, etc.
– Edit Sony AVCHD videos by using functions like clip, crop, add watermark, custom video effect, merge, enable 3D settings, etc.
– Ensure audio and video in sync with excellent quality and super fast conversion speed.
The steps of operating Sony AVCHD Converter for Mac
- Click ‘Add File’ to import Sony AVCHD MTS/M2TS media files.
- Click ‘Profile’ menu to choose output format.
- If necessary, click ‘Settings’ button to custom video and audio settings.
- When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start format conversion.
- When conversion is complete, click ‘Open Folder’ to get the converted files.
This Sony AVCHD MTS file converter software provides a wide variety of file types for users to choose from, ranging from editing formats (like AIC, ProRes, DNxHD, etc.) to playable formats (like MP4, MOV, etc.) optimized for popular devices, so you can convert Sony AVCHD files to whatever format you need in simple steps with very good even lossless quality.
Is lossless conversion of AVCHD to AIC for iMovie/FCE possible?
Canon AVCHD Converter for Mac/PC | Canon MTS File Converter
What’s the best P2 MXF file Converter for Mac and Windows PC?
MTS video to iPad – Does iPad support native AVCHD (.mts) files?
MTS to Kindle Fire Converter – how to transfer AVCHD to Kindle Fire