If you are having issues editing Canon XF100 footage in iMovie, you may need a Canon XF100 converter for iMovie. It will help you convert Canon XF100 MXF files to Apple InterMediate Codec for use in iMovie with optimum performance.
How can I use Canon XF100 MXF files in iMovie smoothly?
“Is there any way to get iMovie working with MXF footage from a Canon XF100 smoothly? The Canon website lists FCP compatibility, but I’m not a pro, I already have a complicated day job, I have limited time to spare learning another tool I mostly don’t need just to get file compatibility. Any experience and/or advice with this? Please help!”
In order to solve Canon XF100 and iMovie incompatibility issues, we would suggest converting Canon XF100 MXF files to iMovie preferred AIC .mov format first. A Canon XF100 converter for iMovie will help a lot.
How to transcode Canon XF100 MXF files to iMovie preferred AIC .mov format?
Download a free trial of Canon XF100 MXF to iMovie Converter
Follow these steps:
1. Install and run HD Converter for Mac as a Canon XF100 MXF Video to iMovie Converter. The main interface appears as below:
2. Click on ‘Add File’ to add your Canon XF100 MXF files to the program from your camcorder or from a card reader, or from an archived folder that contains your source media.
3. From the Format bar, choose ‘Apple InterMediateCodec (AIC) (*.mov) as output format from ‘iMovie and Final Cut Express’ column.
Important: If you’ve loaded a number of video clips to do batch conversion, please do remember ticking off ‘Apply to All’ option before you start.
4. (Optional) Click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profile Settings’ window to custom video and audio settings if necessary.
5. When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start transcoding Canon XF100 MXF files to AIC – the best suited editing format for use within Apple iMovie.
6. When the conversion process is complete, click ‘Open Folder’ button to get the generated AIC QuickTime files and open them in iMovie for further editing with optimal performance.
DJI Mavic Pro 4K video is jerky in iMovie, how to fix?
Workflow guide for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 and iMovie
How to import and edit Olympus E-PL3 AVCHD video in iMovie?
How can I import Canon C300 MXF clips into Final Cut Pro 6/7/X?