Summary: This guide is written for FCP version 6, 7 and FCP X. It presents the alternative method for converting/transcoding Panasonic HMC-150 1080p MTS clips to Apple ProRes for using in Final Cut.
The AVCHD files that the Panasonic AG-HMC150 camcorder records are initially incompatible with Final Cut Pro and must be transcoded before Final Cut will be able to edit them. Fortunately, while using Log & Transfer to load your Panasonic footage, the Final Cut Pro is able to easily convert the MTS clips for you. Once the clip has been dragged into the transfer queue, it will begin transcoding.
However, if for some reason, your clips don’t appear in the Log and Transfer Window, there is an alternative method for transcoding your footage. This topic covers the alternative footage transcode method.
1. Free download the Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac. Install and run it. The main interface appears as below:
2. Click on ‘Add File’ to add your Panasonic AG-HMC150 MTS footage from your camcorder or from a card reader, or from an archived folder that contains your source media.
3. From the Format bar, choose ‘Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as output format from ‘Final Cut Pro’ column.
Important: If you’ve loaded a number of video clips to do batch conversion, please do remember ticking off ‘Apply to All’ option before you start.
4. (Optional) If you intend to modify video and audio settings in your own way, you can click on ‘Settings’ to do so. On the popup ‘Profile Settings’ panel, you are allowed to adjust video and audio parameters such as video codec, video bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, audio bit rate, sample rate and audio channels (up to 6 channels)
5. When ready, click on ‘Convert’ to start transcoding Panasonic AG-HMC150 1080p AVCHD footage to Apple ProRes 422 – the best suited editing format for using within Apple Final Cut Pro Version 6, 7, or FCP X.
6. When the footage transcoding process is complete, click on ‘Open Folder’ button to get the generated ProRes 422 QuickTime files.
Try out Panasonic AG-HMC150 MTS to ProRes Converter
How to open and edit Canon XA10 AVCHD mts in Final Cut Pro?
How to import and edit Olympus E-PL3 AVCHD video in iMovie?
Transcode Panasonic V750 AVCHD into Final Cut ProRes 422 1080p
How to edit AVCHD files taken with Canon LEGRIA camcorder on Mac?