This post covers two parts. The first part shows how to insert a video into WPS Presentation. And the other part presents what to do if your video files are not compatible with WPS.
Part one: How to insert a video into WPS Presentation?
1. Before embedding a video file to WPS Presentation, create a folder, then put both the video files and your presentation in this folder.
2. Open your Presentation in this folder. Select the slide that you want to insert the video file.
3. Click on the “Insert” tab in the main menu. Click on “Movie” icon. This will bring up the Insert Movie dialog box, as seen below.
4. In the Insert Movie dialog box, navigate to the video file in the folder you just created and left click on it, then click Open.
5. When you choose Open button, a dialog box will bring up. You are given two ways to start the movie, “Automatically” or “When Click”, as seen below. Choose the option that best suits your needs. The sketch map is shown as follow:
6. After adding the video, right click the movie you have inserted and select “Play Movie” on the quick access menu. You can also change the video settings by right clicking the movie and selecting “Play Movie” on the quick access menu. After it starts to play right click the movie and select “Edit Movie Object”. A Movie Options dialog box will appear as shown below:
a) Select Loop until stopped to play the movie in a continuous loop.
b) Click the Sound volume button and slide the bar to adjust the volume of the movie. Select Zoom to full screen to play the movie in full screen.
Part two: how to get WPS to accept incompatible video files?
If your video is in a file type that not compatible with WPS presentation, you will need to convert it first. Learn a quick guide on how to convert incompatible video files for WPS Presentation.
HD Video Converter
Then follow these steps:
Step 1: Open up HD Video Converter as a video converter for WPS Presentation. When its main interface comes up, click ‘Add File’ to load your source media.
Step 2: Select output format for Kingsoft WPS Presentation
From the ‘Profile’ list, choose ‘General Video’ > ‘WMV – Windows Media Video (*.wmv)’ as target format. You can also choose ‘HD WMV Video (*.wmv)’ as output format under ‘HD Video’ column.
Step 3: Custom video and audio settings (optional)
If necessary, you can click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profiles Settings’ panel to modify video and audio settings like video encoder, resolution, video bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, audio encoder, sample rate, audio bit rate, and audio channels. 3D settings are also available.
Step 4: Begin movies to WMV Conversion
When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start format conversion. Once the conversion process is complete, you can click ‘Open Folder’ button to get the generated WMV files for inserting into Kingsoft WPS Presentation without a glitch.
If you don’t want to wait for the entire conversion process, you can tick off ‘Showdown computer when conversion completed’ and go away to do other things.
Cannot insert video into Kingsoft WPS Presentation
How can I insert/embed AVI video files to Keynote for Mac?
How to add MKV/MTS/MXF/VOB/SWF/FLV files to Keynote?
How can I insert XAVC S video to Keynote for presentation?