Failed to import MXF clips into iMovie for further editing? You are probably dealing with separate or loose MXF video clips. If that’s the case, we would recommend transcoding them to iMovie preferred Apple InterMediate Codec first. Here’s how.
How can I work with bare MXF clips in iMovie?
“Hello everyone, I have some bare MXF clips copied from one of my friends. I have been trying to edit them in Apple iMovie for several days, but no luck there. Some people said I need to convert them to an intermediate MOV format first. Is that true? If I have to do this, which program is good for the conversion? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.”
HD Video Converter for Mac is a good option to do this. With this app installed, it won’t be a problem to encode separate or loose MXF files to AIC .mov for use in iMovie smoothly. Check out a step by step instruction on how to transcode bare MXF clips for iMovie editing.
How to transcode loose/bare/separate MXF clips to iMovie preferred AIC .mov files?
Download a free trial of MXF to iMovie Converter
Follow these steps:
1. Install and run HD Converter for Mac as an MXF Video to iMovie Converter. The main interface appears as below:
2. Click on ‘Add File’ to add your bare MXF files to the program.
3. From the ‘Profile’ bar, choose ‘Apple InterMediateCodec (AIC) (*.mov) as output format from ‘iMovie and Final Cut Express’ column.
Important: If you’ve loaded a number of video clips to do batch conversion, please do remember ticking off ‘Apply to All’ option before you start.
4. (Optional) Click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profile Settings’ window to custom video and audio settings if necessary.
5. When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start transcoding separate MXF files to AIC – the best suited editing format for use within Apple iMovie.
6. When the conversion process is complete, click ‘Open Folder’ button to get the generated AIC QuickTime files and open them in iMovie for further editing with optimal performance.
DJI Mavic Pro 4K video is jerky in iMovie, how to fix?
Workflow guide for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 and iMovie
How to import and edit Olympus E-PL3 AVCHD video in iMovie?
How can I import Canon C300 MXF clips into Final Cut Pro 6/7/X?