Failed to import XDCAM .mxf files taken with Sony PMW 200 into iMovie after upgraded to macOS High Sierra? Actually, a number of users have reported the same issue. Learn a workaround to solve the problem.
iMovie won’t open Sony PMW 200 MXF files anymore
“Hi there, after upgraded to macOS High Sierra, I can no longer open Sony PMW 200 XDCAM MXF clips in iMovie. I’ve read lots of users have the similar problems. I cannot figure out a workable way to solve the issue. Can anyone help please? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any insights.”
If for some reason you are unable to work with Sony PMW-200 XDCAM recordings in iMovie smoothly, we would recommend transcoding them to a format that is well compatible with iMovie first. In the following guide, we explain a workaround to transcode Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF files to AIC encoded QuickTime MOV files for use in iMovie with optimum performance.
How to convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF files to AIC MOV for iMovie editing?
Follow these steps:
1. Install and run HD Converter for Mac as a Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF files to iMovie Converter. The main interface appears as below:
2. Click on ‘Add File’ to add your Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF files into this program.
3. From the “Profile” menu, choose ‘Apple InterMediateCodec (AIC) (*.mov) as output format from ‘iMovie and Final Cut Express’ column.
Important: If you’ve loaded a number of video clips to do batch conversion, please do remember ticking off ‘Apply to All’ option before you start.
4. (Optional) Click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profile Settings’ window to custom video and audio settings if necessary.
5. When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start transcoding Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF files to AIC – the best suited editing format for use within Apple iMovie.
6. When the conversion process is complete, click ‘Open Folder’ button to get the generated AIC QuickTime files and open them in iMovie for further editing with optimum performance.
iPhone HEVC is all black in FCP X, how to fix?
AVCHD MTS no audio in iMovie on High Sierra
How to convert Hero 6 240 fps H.265 video to ProRes?
MTS in iMovie 10.1.8-High Sierra won’t import AVCHD
How do you import HEVC encoded MOV to Premiere?