If you are having issues opening VRO files on Mac platform, you may wish to read this post. It displays a workaround to transcode VRO files to QuickTime movie format for playing on Mac flawlessly.
What converter do I need to convert VRO files to MOV format using Mac?
“Hello guys, does anyone know a good VRO Converter for Mac? I got some .vro files from a friend in Japan. I can’t play these files on my MacBook Pro. I have had a look for a converter to transcode VRO to MOV format, but nothing seems to recognize the file. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.”
With HD Video Converter for Mac installed, it won’t be problem to encode VRO files to MOV for playing or editing on a Mac. Here’s how.
How to convert VRO files to QuickTime MOV for playing or editing on Mac?
HD Video Converter for Mac
1. Install and run VRO to QT MOV Converter. When the main interface appears, click ‘Add Video’ to load your source media.
2. Select QuickTime MOV as output format for editing or playing
To create editable files for iMovie, from the Format bar, choose ‘Apple InterMediateCodec (AIC) (*.mov) as output format from ‘iMovie and Final Cut Express’ column.
To convert VRO files for playing with QT player, you can choose ‘Common Video’/’HD Video’ > ‘MOV’ as target format.
By the way, to convert VRO files for FCP, you can choose ‘Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)’ as output format from ‘Final Cut Pro’ catalogue.
3. If necessary, you can click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profile Settings’ window to custom video and audio settings like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
4. Export VRO files as QT MOV
When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start transcoding VRO files to MOV – the best suited playing or editing format for using on Mac platform.
5. When the conversion process is complete, click on ‘Open’ button to get the generated QuickTime MOV files which are ready for playing or editing on your Mac computer.
Convert VRO to MP4/M4V/MOV/AVI/FLV/MKV
How can I work VRO files with Apple iMovie?
How Can I work a VRO file with Adobe Premiere?
How do I play DVR-MS video files on Mac?